CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

thinking of painting my wheels

Cadillac STS

I know you didnt ask for an opinion as to how it looks and I admitt that I'm old and styles do change while some of us dont. (me) I always felt that you bettered a car by going from painted wheels to chrome. Just my 2 cents worth.

there is a small movement going to painted wheels. it's not really huge, but there are quite a few. i really like the change. i'm kinda getting bored of chrome. especially uninteresting chromes like mine.

Wanna see what your car would look like with tinted windows or headlight blackouts or a different color? :) Heheh

It was very hard on those low res pics but I think it turned out pretty darn good hehe.

I know you didnt ask for an opinion as to how it looks and I admitt that I'm old and styles do change while some of us dont. (me) I always felt that you bettered a car by going from painted wheels to chrome. Just my 2 cents worth.

well to be honest, chrome only IMO looks goof on certain cars..particulary luxury cars...on anything else..like mainstream it looks at of place...in my case, im getting tired of my chromes...to granny like.

How about THIS???????? HEHEHE

I only spent about 5 minutes on it so it looks rather crappy but you get the point.. I wanted to know what anodized red and anodized close to my car's real color would look like on the rims :)

car_test.jpg

I think the red really looks nice.. but i'm not sure it belongs on a caddy :)

The green (front rim) looks a little odd.. I picked a color from the body of the car and 'anodized' it onto the rim (using non incremental transparent airbrush tools in GIMP) .

Since you all have seen the pic above................. nowwwwwww what could be wrong with this picture? There's a ton of things.... if you want to have some fun see if you can guess what they are :)

whatcouldbewrong.jpg

oh my is that house in the background getting ready to be moved somewhere? looks like it's on a steel frame! bigfoo, is that a mesh or screen valance filler thing? ohhhhh, and the do handles are gone! nice!

the driveway is wet and i see you "bigfoo" on the potted plant!

and there is a ghost seen hovering right over the roofline toward the back... let's not forget the gnome peeking out from behind the bushes...

aahahah dAMNIT YOU are too smart :) I was hoping to distract with all the other stuff so nobody noticed the door handles.. Removing the door handles was the 'big thing' the rest was just playing around i wanted to distrract you from finding the door handles LOLOL oh well :) I modified about 20 things. Look at the original pic :)

Archived