CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Cadillac Sales up 36% in April 2010

Cadillac’s sales were up 36% in April 2010, with the SRX continuing to lead sales.  The CTS had its best month of 2010, but continues to underperform last year’s sales.   The faces of Cadillac today are definitely the SRX and the CTS, with Escalade and DTS sales in the background.Cadillac Buyers more and more are [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

It's too bad the CTS sales have fallen from last year. I can't help but to think both the new generation SRX and Buick LaCrosse have both siphoned off some potential CTS buyers, with their lower sticker prices. Given the state of the economy, I find people, in general, are buying less expensive cars now--and those sales have cut into the CTS market, because many cheaper models offer many added features over the CTS. Poor GM is still competing with itself.

A simple "update" I would have appreciated on the 2010 CTS, or 2011 for that matter, would have been to add the turn signals on the front of the door mirrors, similar to the Buick LaCrosse. These little details are what repeat Cadillac buyers get excited about--not seeing the same-old, same-old, in the showrooms.

I passed along again my desire for a 3.6L in the base CTS, and the LS3 or L94 V8 in the premium or performance upmarket CTS. I think that would do more to even out the range.

I agree that they need to add more value to the CTS to make it more attractive for sales.

The CTS Coupe will help, but generally the ATS can't get to market soon enough, or the XTS for that matter.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived