CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

96 SLS: Sunroof rear drain cleaning Q

theGman

I am having some minor leaking into my 96 SLS and cleaned the front 2 drains using the weed-whacker line method.

How do you get to the rear drains? Is there a trick, or do you just, by faith, run a line into the rear corner and hopefully hit the hole?

I can't even see them with the moonroof open and a flashlight. Just curious/thanks in advance!

Hmmmm I guess there is 2 hoses in the front and 2 hoses in the back (i checked).. I suppose you could backflush it by finding the other end of the hose under the hood and in the trunk and shooting compressed air or water up through it.. FSM says the hoses are in the 4 corners of the sunroof housing

You do not want to use compressed air - it will separate the lines at the junction and cabin leaks wil result....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Heheh KHE, I didn't mean THAT Much compressed air :)

Just from a can or something. The two rear hoses are in the trunk, or you can take the headliner off to get to them under the sunroof

It doesn't take much pressure to dislodle the lines. The weed whacker line method sounds like is a great idea.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Well, for the rear ones I took the trunk apart for another problem and found the drain tubes were easy to clean that way. They were both cloged at the very end where the opening is very small. I would just clean them there instead of dropping something down the tubes. I tested by pouring water in the tray to make sure I got everything clean and it was fine.

They are under the lining on the left and right side of the trunk.. Clear rubberish tubes that come out below the rear window and go down to the little holes on the side of the trunk right in front of the pressure relief vent on both sides (at least in my car)

Archived