CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Aftermarket CD Players

Just wondering, what kind of aftermarket head units do you guys have? I had a Sony X-Plod in my truck for about 3 years and on my trip to pick up the Eldo, she pooched. I've heard that the Sony’s are named X-Plod for a reason but never believed it...until now.

A couple of my buddies had bought Panasonic decks years ago, paid a lot more than my Sony but theirs are still working great. Was thinking about a Panasonic but they do not have CD Text. What do you guys think, have, want, etc? Thanks in advance :D .

Spence

I had a local stereo shop install a Kenwood 8015 AM/FM CD player 4 years ago - needed a "special adapter" to work with the BOSE speakers ('cause the BOSE speakers each have their own AMP)...

looks good, sounds good, disappearing face, remote, I clean the heads with a head cleaner occaisionally..been good to me.

Try a Kenwood..

I had a local stereo shop install a Kenwood 8015 AM/FM CD player 4 years ago - needed a "special adapter" to work with the BOSE speakers ('cause the BOSE speakers each have their own AMP)...

looks good, sounds good, disappearing face, remote, I clean the heads with a head cleaner occaisionally..been good to me.

Try a Kenwood..

You clean the heads or the laser? CDs dont have heads, is this a cassette player also?

I replaced my old Panasonic deck with a new Panasonic deck. No problems with both of them.

I new deck is really cool, it's a touch screen deck with MP3, disc and track text also.

Pioneer also makes really reliable equipment, no complaints from my friends.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Archived