CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Heat coming from the vents

Dre'

Wow, this site has really changed since the last time I used it.... anyway... the vents on my 93 STS blow heat while I'm driving. It not a hard blow, put if you put you hand up to it you can feel it. What would make the car do this??? I know the a/c needs to be recharged and I have not done that. I'm just tired of pumping money into this car, and if this heat thing is a major problem, I would rather just get rid of it. One other thing the car has been shuting off while driving. I took it to shop and I beleive I got hosed. They said the alternator was going out because they could see the voltage dropping while driving it. So.... $300 later, I'm still having the same problem. I thought it was the feul system because it only turns off or stalls when it gets close to or below a 1/4 of a tank...

Mine blow a little bit of warmer air if I turn the HVAC unit off totally. If it's off it seems to default to blowing a small amount of air (if you are going down the highway) using the air pressure from driving. If you are parked and it's blowing hot air when it's off that is weird :> The alternator shouldn't ever cause the car to stall or shut off.. Maybe your fuel gauge is wrong and you are actually on empty :> Happened to me before

what is your temperature setting? is it at 90? put it at 60 degrees perhaps it will help to get rid of hot air coming from the engine then hvac is off

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived