CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Resetting DIC After Tire Rotation (again)

Hud

I rotated my tires today and followed the directions posted by Dave L on 30 July. I tried two different horseshoe magnets, one mild and one strong. Was never able to get the horn to chirp after the left front tire and no luck on the other three. Also, tried positioning the air valve at different positions. 12/3/6/9. No luck. I now have an error message about tire press. sensor needing service.

Thanks,

John

Russell,

I was successful after learning how to be patient. I followed the instructions supplied by Logan and Dave. I presseed both lock and unlock buttons and got the chirp indicating the porgramming mode was activated. The trick is to put the horseshoe shaped magnet near the base of the air valve and wait for the horn to chirp. As directed, start with the left front (it takes about 15 seconds for the horn to chirp; go in the order indicated. The r/f takes about 10 seconds; the r/r about 5 seconds; and the l/r is within 1 to 2 seconds). When I started with the l/f, I didn't wait long enough, I thought it would chirp right away-not so. When you are holding a magnet over the stem for 15 seconds, it sure seems like a long time. The directions work and I now have correct readings. The Board is a great resourece. Thanks.

Archived