CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"Service Engine Soon" light?

tmpafford

I had a water pump go out on me the other day. The engine began to over heat and the "Engine Protection" mode kicked in. It (the computer) turned off the air conditioner and turned on the heater. I quickly pulled over and let the car cool down. When it had cooled down enought for me to open the coolant bottle, I filled it up with water and drove it down the street to my mechanic. He replaced the pump and everything was fine.

The next morning, I started the car and the "Service Engine Light" stayed on. I have checked all the fluids and everything is good. What would be triggering the light? Are the two related? If they are, why did the light not come on right after the engine has recovered from the "Engine Protection" mode?

I am looking for things to check before I take it to the dealer to have it checked. My mechanic does not have diagnostic tools for Cadillacs. He mostly just works on restoring Corvetts, but he was the closest guy and water was pouring out of the pump.

Simultaneously press and hold the OFF and PASSENGER WARMER buttons on the climate control panel and write down the codes that appear on the information center.

Post the displayed codes and someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

OK here are the codes:

PCM P0108

PCM P0113

No IPC

ACM B1350

No SDM

No TCC

No RSS

PZM B2550

No IRC

No RFA

No CCP

MSM B2119

MSM B2120

No MMM

All the codes are listed as "History" None are listed as "Current"

Any help?

PO113 is the intake air temp sensor high reading code. Check to make sure the intake air temperature sensor is plugged in. It is possible that the mechanic that replaced your water pump forgot to plug the IAT back in.

The IAT is near the air cleaner.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

That was it!!! The others were from the MAP sensor and high coolant temperature. My mechanic probably disconnected the MAP sensor along with the Intake Air sensor. Two others were from a faulty lumbar sensor.

Should I try to clear the codes? How do I do this? Will the "Service Engine Light" turn off by its self?

Thank you for your help!

You can clear the codes by entering diagnostics and when the PCM? prompt is displayed, using the fan speed control to input yes/no (high fan=yes, low fan =no).

Answer YES to PCM?; you will see PCM Codes; answer YES; diagnostics will display the codes and then prompt PCM CLEAR CODES? Answer yes and the system will clear the codes. Press AUTO to exit diagnostics.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived