CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Headlights/fog lights

stsjoe

Long time no post(love the board Bruce) Well a rock took out one headlight on my 96 STS, this happened last year too same headlight go figure! Since my headlights and fogs are pretty pitted and scrached got prices on new ones (this is where it gets interesting !) from caddy dealer/headlight 161.07/fog 211.31 from pontiac dealer/headlight 128.86/fog 169.05 have seen this in the past you guys and gals may want to check around I just asked the pontiac guy if he could do better than list and bingo(he was even cheaper at list!)long story short does anyone know of a alt. source on the net? thanks in advance Joe

There is a big difference in what the guy off the street and a mechanic pay for a dealers part. I always ask the dealer if the price is the best that he can do. You would be surprised how many dollars will drop. It also helps to have a good relationship with the dealer or at least the parts salesman. I live in a small town and I hate to take my car to the dealer, but I do know the parts salesman. I have found that I can get a part for the same price or less than I can at the internet dealers minus the internet shipping. You must be persistant, but do not feel bad for getting a discounted price, they are still making money. Some dealers mark up is more than others so shop around.

Archived