CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2004 SRX Heated Seat Problem

Hello; first post here. I've researched this issue a bit online and can't seem to find concrete answers. We have a 2004 Cadillac SRX A.W.D. with 74,000 miles. Passenger heated seat works fine; drivers recently quit. All fuses in both panels are in good shape. You can hear the relay click for the passenger side, the indicator light will come on, indicate LO or HI, but none of this for the driver's side. You can't even hear the relay.

My question is; does it sound like the heated seat control box under the front driver seat, or an issue with an element itself? Is there a way I can test to determine what I need to replace, and if so- where can I get the parts from? I haven't came up with much when searching for a heated seat relay or module online.

Thanks for the help!!

:welcomesmiley:

You'd have to take the seat out and diagnose. I should think you could determine a way to test if the heating coil has a break in it or not simply by testing for continuity. I tried searching rockauto.com but don't see any of the seat modules for sale there; you might email gmotors.com and see what they think; they are a GM dealer.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

:welcomesmiley:

You'd have to take the seat out and diagnose. I should think you could determine a way to test if the heating coil has a break in it or not simply by testing for continuity. I tried searching rockauto.com but don't see any of the seat modules for sale there; you might email gmotors.com and see what they think; they are a GM dealer.

Thanks for the help. I had the same thought; couldn't be too hard to check continuity of the heating coil itself. I'm just kind of hoping that it's a relay module problem for an easy fix. We'll see!

Archived