CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

no radio 2000 seville sts

Radio just decided not to turn on at initial startup and when restarting it displayed the channel for about 5 seconds and went out but never made a sound and the display just shows the clock only. Anyone have a direction to go in?

Radio just decided not to turn on at initial startup and when restarting it displayed the channel for about 5 seconds and went out but never made a sound and the display just shows the clock only. Anyone have a direction to go in?

maybe something to do with the power knob? Maybe exercise it a little? My radio in my 99 STS and 00 DTS always did weird things when it got really cold. Weird sound coming from the speakers like bad distortion or display looked wierd sometimes.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Out of desperation and being tired of talking to myself I tried turning off the engine with the radio button pushed in and held it in while restarting the engine and the radio turned on and to the original station. Thank God, I was going man on the long trips.

Out of desperation and being tired of talking to myself I tried turning off the engine with the radio button pushed in and held it in while restarting the engine and the radio turned on and to the original station. Thank God, I was going man on the long trips.

Well done!! Sounds like you unearthed an "undocumented feature".

What year/model Cadillac do you drive??

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

• 2 weeks later...

The station presets were maintained because the radio has two power leads. One runs through the ignition switch and one doesn't. The unswitched lead keeps a constant flow of power to maintain the clock and station presets.

That leads me to believe it's an issue with the power switch. If it's just a buildup of dirt and corrosion, you may be able to fix--or at least somewhat alleviate--the problem by pulling off the knob and spraying some contact cleaner on the shaft while you push the shaft in and out.

The secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground--and miss!

--Douglas Adams Life, The Universe, and Everything

caddyplate.jpg

Archived