CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Saying good bye to my 1999 sts on July 21st

jtcaddy

Hello,

Guy's and Gal's

I am auctioning off my 1999 cadillac seville sts white diamond on wednesday 21st of july because this car has been a money pit for me. I have put a new transmission in the car all new brakes and rotors and a water pump and O2 sensor . I put 2,000 just recently for all new seals for the engine only to findout that the car is still using a quart of oil every 500 miles :( but the car does have 85k on it and the good news i am still going to stay with the caddy i hope to get an 01 or an 02 seville sts i love the car and hope i find one with far less problems. I love this site and still will continue to contribute till the day i die. :D

Jae Thompson

caddy owner since 2003

21 year's of age :D

Jae, It seems it's just the "luck of the draw" as to weather you get a good one or not. Mines going on 92,000 and not a problem other than two bad window switches and gen. maint. brakes & rotors. Appx. 1,500 mi. per quart or oil.

Better luck on the next one.....

Mine sucks quart of oil every 1k miles if i drive like I usually do and it doesn't leak at all as far as I can tell. I just learned to live with it. Probaly put 100k more miles on it and will still run ok :)

Money pit yes! I purchased a service contract on-line for my STS. Best thing I've ever done. I know some have had problems with service contracts but I've lucked out on this one. On my 96STS 47K I've had problems and to date replaced battery cable and battery, front stablizer bar bushings, struts, strut mounts, mase air flow senser, egr valve, A/C compressor, blower motor, water pump, motor mounts and last but not least the alternator. All of these issues had very noticeable symtoms and have been done pretty much individual basis some at different faclitys. This is in addition to serviceing cooling system, transmission, brake bads and rotors.

The 97 Deville has been much better though, not anywhere as many issues. THat Positive battery cable is a pain in the *@! . Blower moter here too.

The possitive side to this is that most of the items replaced on the STS is covered by the stealership "GM Lifetime" warranty.

sebring06RTP.jpg

Archived