CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

G-Tech

I noticed that the prices on the G-Tech I have come WAY down (under $50 on eBay)... I'm assuming the G-Tech II is that much better at $250? For anyone with REAL experience with these, can you offer some insight between the two? From what I've read, the difficulty with the G-Tech-I was getting it mounted correctly and having it maintain its calibration once mounted. Where would be the best spot for one of these in a mid-90's STS? For $50, it might be worth the investment...

The G-tech gives you ONLY 0-60 or quartermile time. The new units also give you times at 10 mph increments, which is VERY helpful in understanding what is happening. For a long time I thought that my 0-60 time varied based on my launch, from 0-10 mph; it more often varied based on the torque management, at 40-60 mph, which is out of my control.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I'd be happy with the 0-60 and 1/4 times...

Bruce, were there any problems or issues with the installation or the actual functionality of the unit?

Does it require line of sight, or is the unit something that could be mounted, lets say, in the overhead console where the useless garage door opener slot is?

Go read the web site :) It tells you all sorts of things about how it works. It's genious. I love devices like that. Technology at the best. It looks like a weird radar detector and sticks to your windshield :)

The G-tech mounts on the inside of the windshield using suction cups, and you have to sort of level it to 0 before you use it; not hard to use. You also have to enter the car weight if it has changed, and you want to measure hp. In practice, I kept the G-tech out of the car, would go out in the drive and put it on the windshield, set the weight, drive to the test area, check the balance, and go. As I said, not hard to use.

Now I only use the Race Technology unit, due to the more info it gives.

See http://caddyinfo.netgetgoing.com/ap22review.htm for review.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived