CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Forum speed

I see the forum is running bog slow again; I sent a note to tech support to see if we can get some permanent solution.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Okay -- the deal is that because we have grown some more, we need a more expensive hosting/server package than we have been living on.

The nice thing about our current setup is it is not terribly expensive, but the bad thing is we have very inconsistent response times. And especially for new visitors, slow server response time is NO GO; they won't stay long enough to get to know us, and they won't be back.

Unfortunately, between our Caddyinfo Supporting Vendors like AutoAnything and 1AAuto, Supporting Clubs like Cadillac Club Sweden, Subscribing Members (Direct Performance) and our Supporting Members, (Thanks Everyone!!!) we don't have enough in Community Memberships to afford the more expensive cost per month along with our other hosting & server expenses.

I think if the server speeds up we can grow some more, so I'm going to go ahead and start paying for a new Server setup, and hope that some of you who have been 'on the fence' as to whether to become a Caddyinfo Supporter, or continue as a Caddyinfo Supporter, will help chip in.

Hopefully this will give our Caddyinfo Forum / Community a really good tune up lol.

There may be some changes required as part of the new server setup; I'll let you know as soon as I know what those are.

Bruce

we are running on the new server package now, so let me know if you find the forum is still sluggish. Seems downright skippy to me.

Bruce

Looking better than good over here in the Atlanta area. Response is a fast as a ping to my ISP.

Good move, Bruce.....

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived