CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Reprogram remote entry key fob - 97 SLS

yukondude1

Dean, Not sure if the 97 SLS is anything like my DeVille in the fact that it has an digital Heating/AC system. To get into the Diagnostics mode on my DeVille though I press and hold the Warm and Off Buttons until the system flashes and puts on ALL Dash lights. Then wait for the system to go through the codes if it has any write them down and post them here someone will be able to diagnose anything that may be wrong with the vehicle with those... baring any codes you should see PCM? you'll want to press the fan down button until you see RFA? then the fan up button. The insrtuctions that you have should then be adequitte to get you into the reprogramming of that FOB.

Hope this helps! If not ya can shoot me later :)

Sean M.

1997 Cadillac DeVille

Dean, Not sure if the 97 SLS is anything like my DeVille in the fact that it has an digital Heating/AC system. To get into the Diagnostics mode on my DeVille though I press and hold the Warm and Off Buttons until the system flashes and puts on ALL Dash lights. Then wait for the system to go through the codes if it has any write them down and post them here someone will be able to diagnose anything that may be wrong with the vehicle with those... baring any codes you should see PCM? you'll want to press the fan down button until you see RFA? then the fan up button. The insrtuctions that you have should then be adequitte to get you into the reprogramming of that FOB.

Hope this helps! If not ya can shoot me later :)

Thank you! I will give that a try.

Dean

Before you do the diagnostic try push and hold down the Lock button on the FOB and within 5 seconds push and hold Gas door button simultaneously for a 5 seconds right next to the car. That somtimes clears the RFA.

Before you do the diagnostic try push and hold down the Lock button on the FOB and within 5 seconds push and hold Gas door button simultaneously for a 5 seconds right next to the car. That somtimes clears the RFA.

you shouldn't need to reprogram the FOB for just replacing a battery.

did you replace the batery because it was getting weak, or did it just stop working one day?

I had to repair both my FOBS of that vintage, as one of the leads of the sole capicator/resistor on the circuit board broke free.

Archived