CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Problem with blower

AaronM

Hi,

I just went outside to start up my car to show my dad how one of my blinkers was burnt out. The battery was dead to we had to jump start it. Now the only problem is the blower for the ac/heater came on for no reason. I pressed the off button and it didn't shut it off. Then I cycled through different temperatures, auto, defog, ect. It still didn't turn off. Then I pressed off again and it stayed on. Then I shut the car completely off and took the keys out, and the darn thing is still running :blink: . We then disconnected the battery and it shut off. Then we reconnected it and it started up again. What is up with that. We ended up just disconnecting the blower plug under the hood so it shut off. Does anyone know how to fix this? I want to see if anyone here knows whats up before I bring it to a dealer.

Thanks!

Aaron

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Still in the driveway, haha! My 16th b-day is on the 21st. Almost here!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

you poor guy.. I don't know how you've managed to restrain yourself from taking it around the block once. :)

As for the blower motor, I've never heard of it staying on AFTER you shut the car off.. you sure the key was to the 'off' position

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Yup, the car shut off and the electronics all shut off.

P.S. My dad let me sneek it around the block one time, haha! SHHH

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

I think up through 1993, there was a separate blower control module - when it failed, the blower motor would run continuously.

The module is mounted in the blower housing.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

KHE is correct. Probably needs a new blower control module.

BTW, the 21st will be here before you know it. Where are you located? We need to know so we can stay off the streets on the 21st. LOL jk

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Thanks for the replies! I live in Lake Michigan in Michigan. Watch Out!

Edit- On Lake michigan, not in lake michigan, haha!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Aaron... To find this blower control module.. Check out these pictures I sent to another member to help him find his... It is located almost "on" the firewall near the blower motor.. Good luck... Mike D

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...=15entry13006

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

BTW... If you are going to open the air box up and pull the module... look and see if your evap core is starting to crud up.. Be carefull not to puncture the core though... read more on that post I sent you and you will see whats up...

Again.. Mike D

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Hi,

I did some more research and that has to be the problem. Thanks for the help. Do you know the technical name for this part. I have searched AcDelco and Autozone for this part and I have not found anything called a blower control module.

Thanks again for the help!

-Aaron =)

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Hi,

I did some more research and that has to be the problem. Thanks for the help. Do you know the technical name for this part. I have searched AcDelco and Autozone for this part and I have not found anything called a blower control module.

Thanks again for the help!

-Aaron =)

The technical name IS "blower control module". Try your local Cadillac dealer for availability.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I'll call tomorrow! Thanks alot!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

AaronM,

This is the police! We are watching you! You have incriminated yourself as well as your father...LOL...Hope you have gas stabalizer in the tank or your first drive may not be so much fun as you think...we've been watching your car...even marked your tires with chalk...LOL

HAVE A BLAST! :D:lol::lol::lol:

Archived