CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Factory security

rockfangd

Hello all. My best friend and I both have 1996 Cadillac Devilles and his has the security feature with alarm but mine does not.

My question is Is there any way I can add the feature to my 1996 Deville. I love the factory securit and do not want to add aftermarket system . Mine has the factory Keyless entry with the 2 user setup if it helps any.

Thanks to all in advance for the help

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Several years ago, I added an after market alarm system to my 93 Eldo Sport, and only hooked up to doors and the trunk. You stated that you didn't want to use an after market system. On my 93 Eldo you can take down the panel behind the rear seat from the trunk side. You should discover that the security module is either missing or not working. If I remember correctly it's about a 4X4X1 inch box. The wiring connector should be there but not connected to anything if the module is missing. You may be able to obtain the appropriate security module from a salvage yard.

that would be excellent. can someone give me a generak idea of where the moduke is located in the trunk,

GM FAN FOREVER

ok so I went to my local salvage yard and on the 95s I see the module down at the driver side in the trunk. But The 96 is different, so i am not sure if it is the same module between years or where the module is located on the 96

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived