CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

03 Deville miss in park only

I have a 03 Deville, 4.6L 275hp northstar engine 47000 mi. that has a miss on park only. In park it has a miss if I riv up the engine and if I keep doing it the engine shuts off. In drive I can floor it and it takes off like a rocket. Any idea's? Ran the codes and nothing comes up.

I remember someone reporting this, and as I recall the final conclusion was don't do that (rev the engine in park). I think the issue is that the computer knows you are in park and assigns a fuel/air table appropriate for idle or near idle operation.

:welcomesmiley:

Also see: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...c=24498&hl=

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thanks for the reply Bruce. I see your point. Plus it does not look good for the SGT to be driving down the road at 90 MPH looking for a miss in drive. :D I have a 96 that has zero issues and after my Mother in-law passed my Wife and her Sister backed me into a corner. I had to buy the 03. The other day we were in the 03 and the motor for the shocks kept going on and off (I guess one of the shocks has a slight leak). My Wife said it does that all the time and it was the antena for the onstar that was making the noise. God help me. Thanks for the welcome to the forum!

Yes, if it is the Electronic Level Control system air compressor you are hearing, a visual inspection of the hoses and the level control actuating lever is next.

I had a 96 STS that I enjoyed, but it was not trouble free.

This thread had more discussion on ELC, but was for much earlier than your 2003, so not sure everything is directly relevant.

Bruce

Bruce

Thanks for the previous tip. I looked around the net and it looks like the rev limiter was cutting my engine off before I did some damage. When I look at the level control actuating lever what should I look for that is not right?

First thing is to look at the condition of the hoses from the compressor to the rear shocks. We had one report of the actuating lever being slightly bent which caused unexpected system operation. Basically though just visual inspection and often you can see if something is obviously wrong.

Bruce

Archived