CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Window Regulator

Logan

Anyone who has a 1998 Seville or 2000 newr Deville knows about the window regulators. Plastic nugget fails and creates 'pop-n-drop' windows. Typically on the hottest or coldest day of the year..

Anyway, I finally had the drivers front cable start to fray. Very noisy, like dirt in the gears. Very rough.

I bought a new one.

This is from Dorman. Same design at the nugget. $67.94 including shipping to my door. I have to use the old motor.

post-2-1258388213_thumb.jpg

Anyone who has a 1998 Seville or 2000 newr Deville knows about the window regulators. Plastic nugget fails and creates 'pop-n-drop' windows. Typically on the hottest or coldest day of the year..

Anyway, I finally had the drivers front cable start to fray. Very noisy, like dirt in the gears. Very rough.

I bought a new one.

This is from Dorman. Same design at the nugget. $67.94 including shipping to my door. I have to use the old motor.

More info. Made in China.

It will break again someday. Exact same nugget / cable design. It'll be interesting to see how long the China plastics hold up. Anyway, regulator is in and window is quiet again....for now.

I've done these regulators so many times I'm down to a 30 min repair.

post-2-1258390048_thumb.jpg

Archived