CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

oil filter

Ranger

I was in the garage today and happened to look at my oil filters to see what my supply was like. I noticed I have a PF58 & a PF61. I checked the owners manual and it calls for a PF58. So how did I wind up with a PF61? I seem to remember some discussion a while back about PF58 being replaced by PF61. Does anyone remember that? Is it true or should I return the PF61? I am assuming when I bought it I checked the application chart and that is what was called for or I never would have bought it.

Likewise. PF61 is the current number; I did not see any PF58s on the shelf at the local AdvanceAuto today (yes, they are stocking ACDelco oil filters again).

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The only place I've been able to find them has been Advance Auto. Fortunately, the nearby stores didn't drop them, and make me go to the dealership. Where were you getting yours, Jim, before Advance started restocking them?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

The only place I've been able to find them has been Advance Auto. Fortunately, the nearby stores didn't drop them, and make me go to the dealership. Where were you getting yours, Jim, before Advance started restocking them?

Several (maybe 3) years ago, before KMart had to regroup, they carried ACDleco oil filters and I caught a 'clearance' sale of PF58s for $2.00 each. Bought all they had on the shelf.

Used the last of that batch today!!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Several (maybe 3) years ago, before KMart had to regroup, they carried ACDleco oil filters and I caught a 'clearance' sale of PF58s for $2.00 each.  Bought all they had on the shelf. 

Used the last of that batch today!!

Same here... I changed the oil on the 98 I purchased last week and noticed that PF61 was the replacement filter in the catalog... No PF58s on the shelf or a place for them...

Archived