CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Nice when the boss is racing a CTS-V

Has to be a good sign when the Performance Division Director is also driving one of the race cars.

http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm?paget...rm_article=6985

6/10/2004 - The General Motors' Cadillac CTS-V racing team will field a third car for Round 3 of the SCCA SPEED World Challenge GT at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on June 27. GM Performance Division Director John Heinricy, an experienced race car driver and engineer, will drive the #12 CTS-V race car in the event, joining fellow racers Max Angelelli and Andy Pilgrim on Team Cadillac. In his dual role as engineer and race car driver, Heinricy was responsible for developing both the production Cadillac CTS-V and CTS-V race car.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Interesting guy...I saw him interviewed not too long ago on some SpeedChannel show. I wonder if he'll make it out to the west coast this summer when the races hit Sears Point (Infineon), and later Laguna Seca...

I'll be at both watching their progress.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Granted the CTS-V is not like many Caddies before it. Just how much was carried over from previous years anyway (not body or powertrain)? Still, gotta love the competition - it always makes for a good product.

One of my sons is a SCCA member and participant, He will be stunned to know about this development. Funny, he still gets nervous when I drive...hard. I guess the Passenger(s) never really know what's on the Driver's mind. ;)

Might be nice to own a car like the Boss drives. But wow - , if you were one of the mechanics and the boss'es car breaks down - that could be a bad day, week, month or worse... Just kidding, any e-type who actually races - is probably an OK person. :P

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived