CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trying to get the Caddy out on the road again..Need Help!

ITSALIVE

Hey guys, this is my first posting here on the forum and it's nice to see so many people willing to help each other. I have a few concerns with my 94 body 95 engine DeVille Concours and I need some things set straight. First, I ran the codes the other day as the car hasn't really gotten out much (it hesitates alot and gets very hot, to the point where i begin to worry) heres what I came up with

P038C - Open MAT sensor signal

S038C - Electronic Level Control Exhaust Valve SHort to Ground/Open

T061C - Motor Pump Circuit Fault

Anywho, I'm not too sure what to do about these codes that have come up. Any guidance in the right direction is appreciated.

And the last thing I was curious about is in regards to installing an engine temperature gauge. Can anyone help walk me through this? I was considering placing it to the immediate left of the steering wheel, but is this an easy job? I think it would really help me if I could get an RPMs gauge and an Engine Temp gauge, the latter being the most important right now. Any help is greatly appreciated, I look forward to hearing your replies!

someone swapped out the motor and now it overheats? are you interested in finding out why it overheats?

Im quite aware of why it overheats. I'm interested in installing an engine temperature gauge because my 94 Concours has a digital display that doesn't have any gauges. Any information on how to install this (as well as an RPMs gauge) and how difficult it is, what kind of gauge should i get etc etc is what I'm looking for. Also, I want to know what to do about any of those three codes. For instance, T061C Motor Pump Circuit Fault I'd like to fix this, can you help.

The engine was replaced about two years, it's been running with plenty of other problems since but recently I've done quite a bit of work on it myself, and most of those problems have disappeared. I am under the impression that Northstar engines run hot as it is, so I'd like to install a gauge so I don't have to worry so much when I'm blind behind the wheel as to how hot it is in there.

thanks

the northstar coolant sensor is threaded into the cast aluminum coolant crossover. its under the throttlebody. a chevy smallblock has the temp sensor next to the thermostat outlet. thats where i have it on my streetrod. i think both locations are similar in theory since they are in touch with good coolant flow. could you tap a small port on the crossover? seems like a good option for adding a generic temp sender/gauge setup. any car parts store should have a selection of generic temp/pressure gauges. so why does your car overheat? that sounds like it runs hot enough to boil over? is that correct or not?

I am under the impression that Northstar engines run hot as it is

Normal operating temperature is 205 - 215. That is what it was designed to run at.

Archived