CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ordering new plugs & wires! Question on the wire-set...

It's time again for a tuneup as I hit 120k! I changed the plugs and wires in January 2004, exactly 60k miles ago. Is it necessary to replace the wires again, or can I get away with re-using the wires from my last tune-up?

My next question, considering I do need wires, there are a few ac-delco, and one set of "o.e." delphi wire-sets on rockauto. The prices range from ~75 to 115, yet they all seem to be the same. Any insight on which set of "original equipment" wires is the actual one I may want/need? (I guess I can't tell the difference between the 9748J for $76, versus the 748J for $115!)

As always, thank you in advance for the help!

I would say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you have a misfire, then replace them. I used 748J when I did my '97, but I did not know there was an option nor do I know what the difference is.

I've had a moderate misfire in the morning, that's now beginning to show up until the car is fully warmed up. I'd rather get it all done right, the first time. I'll order the wires! While I'm getting dirty, I may as well swap out the fuel filter, too.

Archived