CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Corsa Exhaust

dustincp

I have been reading some posts and saw that two of the members have a corsa on their caddy. I think someone had a 99 STS and someone had a DTS not sure what year. Im curious on how the car sounds wiht the N*. Is there better performace with this system?

A few years ago I had a 1992 Seville with the 4.8 and loved that car. I called summit to get a flowmaster system and they basically told me that I was crazy and flowmaster did not make a system for that car. Who puts a flowmaster on a caddy?, they asked. I ended up buying a system built for a 1989 Camaro and it almost bolted right up with very little mods needed. The car sounded great. I loved it. Ahh the memories of smoking rice burners with my lac.

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

89 camaro has a transverse muff. single in/dual out. not sure what type of setup a 92 sevile has. even with the 4.9. thought all sevilles had dual muffs. i think the pre-92 cars had transverse muffs. i saw horsepower tv today. they put a new exhaust on a charger? headers, muffs, resonators. i bet it cost $1199? fresh air intake, power programmer. picked up 25hp or so. woohoo. probably spent $1500 total for 25hp. ugh. pretty pricey.

was there an sls and sts in 92? never seen a 92+ body style with a single transverse muff. i don't like the view of the rear of an sls from the mid-90s. all that exposed hardware underneath. too much chrome and that ugly black body bumper strip.

I am unsure if there was a STS in 1992, I think it came out in 93, but could be wrong on that. My brother currently has a 1993 SLS and his does have dual muffs. I do not know why the 92 had a single muffler. I will research it and report back.

92 had the 4.9 motor. the 93 allante got the 4.6 NS but am not sure if the STS came out that year with the NS also. muff reminds me of a 79 camaro i looked at. seems to me the 305 had a SI/DO while the Z-28 had dual muffs. but the california Z-28 could come with a 305 also? long time ago. 77-81 were a mishmash of stuff.

Archived