CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi, I'm new to this forum and was hoping you guys could help me out. I have a 2002 base deville. I have the following codes. AMP B1004(history), AMP U1000(current), IPC B1004(history), IPM B1004(history). The problem I am having is my radio stopped working. The time still shows on the radio but it flashes and everytime it flashes it makes a squealing noise kind of like the type of noise the cd player makes when it reads a disk. I have tried unplugging the head unit, pulling the fuses and disconnecting the battery but have gotten nowhere. Where is the factory amplifier located? Any advice or help is much appreciated. Thanks

I think, but am not absolutely sure..that if the clock is flashing on the radio, it means that the THEFT LOCK has been activated.

It may take a TECH 2 from the dealer to reset it.

Posted Image

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I wouldn't have to take it in to the stealer, but looks like I'm going to have to. So when I take it what should I tell them so they don't just say you need a new radio. Any idea of how much it should cost. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I wouldn't have to take it in to the stealer, but looks like I'm going to have to. So when I take it what should I tell them so they don't just say you need a new radio. Any idea of how much it should cost. Thanks for your help.

I would call them first...see if anyone actually KNOWS what you are talking about...or just drop in and talk to one of the service advisers.

It shouldn't take but a few minutes, once they hook the TECH 2 up to the car.

Thats assuming that what I said, about the THEFT LOCK is actually what your problem is.

Some of the dealers have a minimum charge of 1/2 hour or maybe 1 hr labor.

Posted Image

Ok I'll do that and post the results after I get it fixed. It may help somone else out.

One last question I have is I was installing a new regulator in the passenger side door and didn't unhook the battery and after that all my problems started. I did hear a crack noise come from under the dash when I disconnected the door module and when I plugged it back in. My speedo volt reading is 12.3v when I start the car and goes up to 14.5v soon after. I took the car to autozone and charged up the battery and it charged fine but after it was done they hooked a battery tester up and said the battery was bad but it is still working. I did put a new battery to see if the radio problem was due to low voltage but it still was doing the same thing so I didn't purchase the battery. Is the amplifier located under the dash on the passengers side and does it have a fuse on the amp itself? Thanks again Jim

Ok I'll do that and post the results after I get it fixed. It may help somone else out.

One last question I have is I was installing a new regulator in the passenger side door and didn't unhook the battery and after that all my problems started. I did hear a crack noise come from under the dash when I disconnected the door module and when I plugged it back in. My speedo volt reading is 12.3v when I start the car and goes up to 14.5v soon after. I took the car to autozone and charged up the battery and it charged fine but after it was done they hooked a battery tester up and said the battery was bad but it is still working. I did put a new battery to see if the radio problem was due to low voltage but it still was doing the same thing so I didn't purchase the battery. Is the amplifier located under the dash on the passengers side and does it have a fuse on the amp itself? Thanks again Jim

Someone with better knowledge of your car needs to chime in here...

I am guessing here, and it is JUST a guess...the sound that you heard, may have just been a relay opening and closing. I hope so.

I do not know where the amp is but I WOULD look in the fuse blocks and see if there is a blown fuse.

THAT might be the only problem you have.

Not fussing at you...but now you know...

"ALWAYS" disconnect the battery anytime you are working on anything electrical. :D:D

One other thing...our Cadillacs are VERY SENSITIVE to voltage.

Low voltage does really strange things to them.

Even if it is working now...If I had any serious doubts about the battery that is in it..I would replace it.

Posted Image

Archived