CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

P027 Error Code (Open Throttle Signal Switch)

Traci

I just pulled error code P027 (Open Throttle Signal Switch) off of my 1994 STS. When I first start her up the idle screams up to 3000rpm then comes down to arround 2000rpm until I hit the brake and it will then come down to 1000rpm, but is more of a surging idle than a steady idle like it used to be. How can I fix this/get rid of the error message?

Thanks,

Craig

I would also open the hood and look at idle speed motor (does it move greely) and throttle body for possible deposits preventing accurate response of the thottle

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Unfortunately, I do not have a repair manual. Can someone tell me where this switch is located/what it looks like? Also, I would imagine fixing this problem will get rid of the "check engine soon" light which came on at the same time the problem occurred?

Thanks again,

Craig

can you access the throttle body and see whether it clean and blades move freely when you chenge RPM? TPS (Trottle Position Sensot is attached to the back of the throttle body. It has just one connector. Make sure it is in place or take it off and put it back.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Just wanted to say that the "Throttle Switch" and the "Throttle Sensor" are two different things.. the Throttle switch is part of the Idle Speed Control motor and it tells the PCM to control the idle when its closed.. sounds like yours is acting up, you'll have to replace the Idle Speed Control motor most likly ($120 us)

It should be mounted to the side of the Throttle body.. you'll see the accelorator cable nearby and a little motor with a plunger that presses the thottle blades open.. thats what ya want to replace, could always buy one and match it that way too

Archived