CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

How is everyone!! Passenger side mirror

Okay so someone hit my mirror while i was parked at the train station yesterday... i have found someone parting with their 99 sts same color and all.. blessing considering Caddy wanted 500$ for it and gmpartdirect was about $300...

Are there any instructions on how to pull these? Any special tools? I have to replace the complete unit. :D

When I did the side mirror on my 95 STS, we had to take off the door panel and there were a couple bolts (3?) holding the mirror. Unplug the electrical connector and it comes out. Reverse to install. It was pretty easy actually.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Okay so someone hit my mirror while i was parked at the train station yesterday... i have found someone parting with their 99 sts same color and all.. blessing considering Caddy wanted 500$ for it and gmpartdirect was about $300...

Are there any instructions on how to pull these? Any special tools? I have to replace the complete unit. :D

Easy project... You need to remove the inner door skin... First put the window down...

There is one (sometimes 2) small #2 Philips screw(s) at the bottom "trailing" edge of the door... There are a couple of big (#3) Philips screws behind a flap of leather in the middle of the door behind the "handle/arm rest" and there are two more screws behind a small plastic cover that is tucked in behind the "L" shaped chrome door opener handle thingy...

Once those screws are all out the door skin is held in with the GM push connectors that we are all familiar with (start at the bottom trailing corner and use a claw hammer or a trim tool (or your fingers) and pull the panel off of the door (BUT DO NOT REMOVE IT YET) it is still attached at the top...

There will be a connector to the window switch and the speaker unplug that now and remove the drive rod to the door latch...

Now WITH THE WINDOW DOWN and the DOOR OPEN grab the inner trim/skin near the top and push out board and upward in a One-two motion and the skin pops off... Takes a couple of tries the first time but once you've done it... it gets easy... Almost all GM door trims work like this going back to the 60's

You might need to pop the top off before you remove the drive rod or the other way... This is from memory... If you can't see the drive rod then do it second... Go slow and do not force any thing... No special tools are needed

Once that's off everything is easy and obvious... The mirror is held on with 3 10mm bolts (from memory)

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Thanks guys.. yea i have to take off the panel to do so... easy.. i really just wanted tyo say wassup to everyone!!

Doing wheel hubs in two weeks.. im sure you guys will hear from me then.. lol

Archived