CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

more on rotors & pads & prices

ojaieldo

Well guys, after going nuts reading all the great input and trying to decide how to go, I went to a gm dealer nearbye, and an old buddy was working the parts counter, YES!! I showed him some prices I'd printed off Flow Chevrolets site on gm parts direct, and showed I could get rear rotors for $39.95 plus shipping as an example. He pulled up his screen and showed me that that was his cost.I asked him how they made money,and he explained how they buy out dealers etc.He said he'd sell me any gm part for 10% over his cost YES!!! I got new rear rotors for $43.96 that's less than Flow if you count the shipping, so I bought all kinds of stuff! front rotors $101.16,new wires $78.86, 8 plugs 950's $38.60 air filter $5.50 fuel filter $11.90 front pads $48.92 rear pads$$44.54,new center caps for my wheels $23.00each!! new leather shift knob $165.00 HMMM.Anyway went all new,all stock. what do you think

what do you think

I think your buddy gave you some quality parts really chep and others overpiced to keep both of you happy :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

which parts do you think were too high? the shift knob?

yes, the knob seems to be expensive, but the rest is just fine

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

All I know is I typed in www.gmpartsdirect.com and my isp is msn and the site it gos to if you look at the very bottom says flow chevrolet. however, a friends pc came up with numerous gmdirect sites including a mitchell one that I called and had higher prices

Archived