CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A nearby neighbor has a pearl 1995 STS, I once stopped by to say I was interested if he ever sold...

The other day, I notice it was parked in his driveway with a for sale sign on it, and no plates... Whoa Ho, I stopped...

He tells me that he has a problem with his tranny and it will cost $1400...hmmm, I think to myself, I like that...., THEN he says that in trying to get it to go above 45, when the RPMS RISE, he floors it (HUH?), and he might have 'damaged' the engine, he might have hit 3000 RPM, (yea right, try 6,800 RPM in neutral)... (heart sinks)

Can I hear it run?, he starts it right up and it sounds like a ROD BEARING... darn

I call up the codes (he didnt know he could do this and was impressed) and he had a T061 current

T061 ...................................................... Motor Pump Circuit Fault, this is part of the traction control system

This was history

P099 (E099) ............................ Cruise Control Servo Applied, Not in Cruise

I did not drive it, but I might go back, my feeling is that I need to change the engine and the 300 HP STS engine is not easy to come by...

The car is in fair condition, with about 135K on it

Not sure what the tranny is doing, I need to write down all codes again

He wants $1000, but he's flexible, I figure $500

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

• 1 month later...

A nearby neighbor has a pearl 1995 STS, I once stopped by to say I was interested if he ever sold...

The other day, I notice it was parked in his driveway with a for sale sign on it, and no plates... Whoa Ho, I stopped...

He tells me that he has a problem with his tranny and it will cost $1400...hmmm, I think to myself, I like that...., THEN he says that in trying to get it to go above 45, when the RPMS RISE, he floors it (HUH?), and he might have 'damaged' the engine, he might have hit 3000 RPM, (yea right, try 6,800 RPM in neutral)... (heart sinks)

Can I hear it run?, he starts it right up and it sounds like a ROD BEARING... darn

I call up the codes (he didnt know he could do this and was impressed) and he had a T061 current

T061 ...................................................... Motor Pump Circuit Fault, this is part of the traction control system

This was history

P099 (E099) ............................ Cruise Control Servo Applied, Not in Cruise

I did not drive it, but I might go back, my feeling is that I need to change the engine and the 300 HP STS engine is not easy to come by...

The car is in fair condition, with about 135K on it

Not sure what the tranny is doing, I need to write down all codes again

He wants $1000, but he's flexible, I figure $500

mine had a sound like a rod bearing years ago, but it was the cat. thats all.

165k, daily wots, no leaks, no oil burning!

Archived