CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi guys. It's been a few years since i have been on here. Wow how things have changed. Anyway, my 93 STS finally blew up, headgasket @ 160K. I'm looking to purchase a newer model '05-09 with the most performace oriented options, not the "V" model. Can someone tell me what option package to look for? :unsure: it used to be easier, STS or SLS.

Thanks

Elias

In a CTS, DTS, or STS?

The best sports suspension is usually the FE3 for non-V cars.

For CTS the 1SB is generally the best V6+RWD with high-end option standard equipment.

For STS the 1SG is the V8 RWD high-end option standard equipment.

Although they are rare the Platinum version has some nice touches.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce,

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a STS, i found a '08 in silver it has the 18" polished rims & V8. I'll have the dealer run a VIS on it before I buy.

Thanks for the help

Elias

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like my 05 STS so far and it's getting better gas mileage than my 94 Eldorado. I would have to say, however, that the interior could be better, particularly for a car with a retail price of over $40,000. The door coverings are textured plastic on top with a small vinyl cushion like insert in the middle, which is apparently an attempt to make the door look more presentable. I haven't seen the 06 and later model interior but I would think GM did some quality modifications to the interior. The powerful 320hp Northstar engine provides all the power needed and the Bose sound system is excellent. The seats, however, are firm compared to the 90s model Cadillacs. The suspension is overwhelmingly better than my 94 Eldorado. I would definitely look for an STS with the upgrade package including a sun roof. The upgrade package provides navigation, heated and cooled seats, Bose sound system, etc.

Archived