CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wheel alignment spec for 1959 Deville

Benny

Hi,

I'm posting this topic trying to help a member in the Cadillac Club Sweden to obtain the accurate data for wheel alignment (front) on a 1959 Cadillac Coupe Deville. The topic has been standing unreplied on our subforum for a while now. Would very much appreciate if anybody could help on this "mother forum"?

Thanks /Bengt B)

Sub forum Cadillac Club Sweden

Bengt Olsson

Cadillac Club Sweden

99 STS Vogue Gold Edition

Corsa cat-back w gold tips

Specifications from Motor's Auto Repair Manual - 1965

1959 Cadillac Models 60 & 62

Caster 0 to -1 degree (desired 1/2 degree) Adjustment to be within 1/2 degree or less, on both sides of car.

Camber -3/8 to +3/8 degree (desired 0 degree) 1/4 to 1/2 degree positive camber of left wheel will help correct crowned road pull.

Toe-In Inch 3/16" to 1/4" (Air suspension cars 1/16")

Toe-Out Degrees Outer wheel = 20 degrees Inner Wheel = 22 2/3 degrees

Kingpin Inclination Degrees 4 @ 0 Camber

1959 Cadillac Model 75

Caster -3/4 to -1 3/4 degree (desired - 1 1/4 degree) Adjustment to be within 1/2 degree or less, on both sides of car.

Camber -3/8 to +3/8 degree (desired 0 degree) 1/4 to 1/2 degree positive camber of left wheel will help correct crowned road pull.

Hope this helps.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Caster 0 to -1 degree (desired 1/2 degree) Adjustment to be within 1/2 degree or less, on both sides of car.

1959 Cadillac Model 75

Caster -3/4 to -1 3/4 degree (desired - 1 1/4 degree) Adjustment to be within 1/2 degree or less, on both sides of car.

Hope this helps.

-George

Thank you very much George, it certainly helps. I will forward the information to my friend in the club.

BR /Bengt

Bengt Olsson

Cadillac Club Sweden

1959 Cadillac Model 75

Hope this helps.

-George

George,

I had some 2:nd thoughts.

To my knowledge model 60 is equal to Series 60 = Fleetwood and model 62 = Series 6200 or Series 62. Then we have the Deville, also called Series 6300 and the Eldorado. I guess that the specs you mentioned above for the models 60 & 62 also will be relevant for the Deville and the Eldorado?

Thanks /Bengt B)

Bengt Olsson

Cadillac Club Sweden

For 1959 the Series 75 was on a 149.75 inch wheelbase, and all others were on a 130 inch wheelbase. So it seems likely to me that all non-75s shared the same alignment specs?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bengt,

I believe that the 75 series was used for the limousine or hearse models (longer wheelbase, as Bruce noted). The 60 & 62 series was for all other models.

-George

PS

Series 60 = Fleetwood

Series 62 = El Dorado (?)

Series 75 = Limousine

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

For 1959 the Series 75 was on a 149.75 inch wheelbase, and all others were on a 130 inch wheelbase. So it seems likely to me that all non-75s shared the same alignment specs?

Thank you very much Bruce and George, it makes sense that the non-75 models should have the same wheel alignment specs since they share the same platform. In the Cadillac Club (Sweden) Magazine edition for January 2009 I wrote an article about the 1959 models to honor the 50th anniversary. Here are the 12 models 1959:

Sixty-Two Coupe

Sixty-Two Sedan (Six Window)

Sixty-Two Sedan (Four Window)

Sixty - Two Convertible

Coupe DeVille

Sedan De Ville (Four Window)

Sedan De Ville (Six Window)

Eldorado Biarritz

Eldorado Seville

Eldorado Brougham

Fleetwood Sixty-Special Sedan

Fleetwood Seventy-Five Sedan & Limousine