CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ac blower

franey

FIRST this is not my car ,but my elderly neighbor, Therefore, I do not have the shop manual for this car. Now , it is a 93 sedandeville, 4.9 engine, today when he cut the motor off the ac blower motor continues to run ,irregardless of everything being turned off. I PULLED THE ac maxi fuse and got it to go off. I HAVE read here before of similar situations, is it a relay or does it have some type of resistor somewhere that has given up the job. I am extremely good with cars, but with no book, exactly which relay or where is it please help me in this regard . MY NEIGHBOR THANKS YOU ALSO . FLOYD RAney

It is the blower control module. It is located in duct work on firewall about the middle under the maxifuse panel. Not that hard to replace but, maxifuse panel has to be moved. It costs around $100.00. You basically unplug it and take 3 screws out and remove and replace. You might try cleaning the terminals but, if you have got that far you might as well replace it. It is hard to see but it is rectangular with 2 plugs in it under the maxifuse panel.

Archived