CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

NorthStar SuperCharger

ssvette

They are working on the computer calibration. The Northstar PCM is apparently very very difficult to re-program due to a number of security features.

The 93-95 OBD I calibration is ready, but the 96-current calibrations are still in work.

The rest of the system I think is ready to go into production for the current model cars.

XMS is producing the Northstar Supercharger project. You can find their contact info here: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=7

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 1 month later...

Hey Bruce....will the Supercharger be able to be mated to my 95 Olds Aurora 4.0 Northstar?? I was looking at some of the pics of the Supercharger project, and looks like my Air filter box (which is removed in the Supercharger pics) is in same location as the one that is removed for the supercharger on the Caddy Northstar. Fingers crossed--please tell me that it'll be able to fit my car also :unsure:

No one knows yet. The physical fit should be about the same. The question would be on the computer calibration. I will say there does seem to be a lot of interest in getting the supercharger to work on the 4L NS.

Bruce

That turbo kit is ONLY for the 95-97 and 98-03 Oldsmobile Aurora. It will not work on the northstar engines in cadillacs, plus they haven't even built it yet. They are just waiting until enough people are interested which hasn't happened. It would be nice if it was built and fit into a cadillac but there has been no word from them on any such project.

The supercharger project is hung up waiting on the OBD-II computer recalibration. Apparently the Cadillac code is unique in the number of software protections it has to prevent reverse engineering. Perhaps this was to protect the stabilitrak code? Anyway, the coding vendor currently on the project is the "severalth" vendor XMS has been through trying to get someone who can do the job. The last I heard from Bob, the vendor claimed to be 80% complete, but I don't have any idea what that means on the calendar.

The 4T80e has torque management routines to protect itself already, so that may have helped with the favorable engineering analysis of the effect of adding the supercharger. I did not get a copy of that report though, so I can only speculate.

Bruce

Archived