CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 STS Driver door module

raz

^_^ My 2000 STS has a problem and i need help. The driver door panel is dead it lights up and i checked the fuses and wiring in door. The power windows,memory,door lock and mirror do not function. I saw the driver door module when i took the door panel off. Does this module control all buttons on the door? Is there anyway to troubleshoot the module to see if it is defective? How much does this module cost?

Please help!

Thanks

Randy

^_^ My 2000 STS has a problem and i need help. The driver door panel is dead it lights up and i checked the fuses and wiring in door. The power windows,memory,door lock and mirror do not function. I saw the driver door module when i took the door panel off. Does this module control all buttons on the door? Is there anyway to troubleshoot the module to see if it is defective? How much does this module cost?

Please help!

Thanks

Randy

The code that keeps coming up is u1170 Loss of Driver Door Switch SBI. This part is #357.00 List for the module. I need to know for sure the module is bad.

• 4 years later...

happy.gif My 2000 STS has a problem and i need help. The driver door panel is dead it lights up and i checked the fuses and wiring in door. The power windows,memory,door lock and mirror do not function. I saw the driver door module when i took the door panel off. Does this module control all buttons on the door? Is there anyway to troubleshoot the module to see if it is defective? How much does this module cost?

Please help!

Thanks

Randy

Randy,

What was your final verdict on this issue? I'm having the same exact thing happen...

Thanks,

Pete

I would thing that fuses, grounds, switches, relays, and wiring all are more likely to be bad than a solid state module.

My FSM range has a gap at the 2000 DeVille. Someone with a 2000 FSM want to look at the troubleshooting hints and things that can cause U1170?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived