CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My 04 DTS has been great, but recently I have had a couple of steering wheel control lights fail.

I removed one of the control switches to see what type of light it was; so that I could replace the light.

I was able to get the switch apart and look the circuit board over. The small light appears to be a permanent part of the control switch. (The control switch works fine otherwise.)

Not wanting to break a functioning control, I did not pull to hard on the light, I then put it back into the steering wheel.

1. Has anyone replaced one of these lights yet?

2. Is the light only able to be fixed by replacing the switch itself?

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Others will chime in, but I believe the actual switch itself must be changed out.

At least, that was the case with my 2001 STS, and the DTS is likely the same system.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Ted is right, but I do recall someone (I think it was at Cadillacowners) had changed the bulb. I think he got it at Radio Shack and had to desolder the old one and solder in the new one.

Thank you all for the replies, sorry for my late response. I've had to remove the motherboard from my computer, and send it off to Intel for replacement.

Due to recent work schedule changes, it has been a little awkward to keep up with my contacts.

Eric, I will give the light bulb replacement (from your link) a try. If that doesn't work I guess I am stuck with getting new switches.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived