CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

PCM code 0327 knock sensor low voltage

basod2002

My '01 STS pulled this code the other evening when I left work. It came in immediately when I punched it leaving the driveway. The I reset the code and it came back this morning same situation except I was slighty more PO'd from waiting a the light ~8mins for all the people who can't let their kids ride the school bus. When I accelerated to get across intersection the SEL iluminated and same PCM 0327 illuminated. Any ideas about the knock sensor low voltage. Either sensor going bad or possibly a gas issue (I just filled up 1 day before first light). Always run 93 octane unless fuel shortages demand 86.

Why would sensor only sense the code when accelerating? I know the knock sensor is there to retard timing in event of knock (which I'd assume would most likely occur during rapid acceleration). So maybe the sensor is trying to retard timing and the voltage isn't sufficient? If I'm on the wrong track someone slap me. If possible any tips on replaing the knock sensor?

Why would sensor only sense the code when accelerating?

Because that is when it will knock and if the sensor is bad it will set a code when it is detected not doing it's job.

Archived