CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Coolant related "TEE"

adallak

The tee which joins three coolant hoses on 4.9 l engine is leaking? what's the name of the guy?

Any GM part number?

Thanks

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I replaced one on my 94 a few years back. I think it was in stock at local dealer for $30, so that is the way to go. They will know what you are talking about.

The tee which joins three coolant hoses on 4.9 l engine is leaking? what's the name of the guy?

Any GM part number?

Thanks

Adallak, kep in mind that it is not just a T, it has a metered or orfice that properly directs the water to the heater core. When you take it off, keep an eye on the arrow that should be marked on it, so that you put the new one back in the same direction. Mike

kep in mind that it is not just a T, it has a metered or orfice that properly directs the water to the heater core

Thanks guys.

The heater core is plugged/cloogged. So that i think a tee from Home Depot would take care of right direction:D The Penn winter did give me hard time this year though

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

kep in mind that it is not just a T, it has a metered or orfice that properly directs the water to the heater core

Thanks guys.

The heater core is plugged/cloogged. So that i think a tee from Home Depot would take care of right direction:D The Penn winter did give me hard time this year though

have you tried reverse flushing the heater core with a garden hose? That will sometimes clear it. If you use a simple T you will not get any heat come winter, if you do unclog the core, Mike

adallak, if I can find a simple T at Pep Boys today, I will take my T off my 91 Seville and send it to you. I am sending you a bunch of goodies with the grill so I will just include the T..... Mike

adallak, I did not find a T at pep boys, but I will get one and give you my T. My T is about 2 years old and the car is going to the scrap yard next week :(

In the long post I made yesterday about lost coolant ... I offered a brand new tee still in the box to anyone that might need it as my old tee was just fine. It cost me about $22.

BUT if anyone is scraping off to the junkyard a 4.9L caddy ,... I have a wish list and so does my wife ...

wife ... it is important to pleaser her front right door closing handle

... key less entry system

... radio with CD

Me ... any sensors and the TPS and even the distributor and plug wires and even a wiring harness to get all the connectors. IF you were in Southern California I would ask for the entie running gear and pay you what the junk yard would give you for the car and haul it off myself. I have this crazy notion of putting together a complete spar running gear so next time I have a major failure I just roll out the old and roll in the new.

I also need a heater core ... mine is hopelessly pluged

BUT today I am in Connecticut and in two weeks I will be in Californai so I can drive almost anywhere to pick up freebie items and chat with other Caddy lovers as I am still on an extended vacation ... Extended because my caddy motor got sick to death on this trip when I was in ALabama. My next planned destination Indianopolis and then BC and Oregon and home to Sun City and back to fixig trannies so I can afford another trip.

In case you go looking at a parts store, that "T" is your heater control valve. Don't bother with Home Depot or anywhere like that. It's directional and has a metered restriction built in.

Bob

Archived