CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2002 Cadillac SLS Electrical Problems Please Help

motorprize

Let me start off by saying I have loved my prior Cadillacs. I had a 96 STS, 2000 STS which were great. I now have a 2002 SLS that has had on-going electrical issues since I have owned it. I purchased the car with the air bag light on which I have yet to be able to repair. The stability system warning comes on frequently which I believe I have diagnossed to be a faulty steering position sensor. I did purchase a replacement however, I haven't figured out how to replace it. Any help would be appreciated. The car has left me stranded with a dead fuel pump, which I have repaired. Now the reason for my post. Recently I got in the car and started it and my climate control cluster flickered a few times and went dark. It has not illuminated since. The good news is that all the controls seem to work, but I can see any of the settings, even the little amber lights for defroster settings do not work. Is there any thing I can check or is my display dead???? :( Oh and now both of my heated seats quit working. Please help. I don't want this to be the Cadillac I will ever own

Thank you

Doug

The first thing I would check is the fuses.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived