CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

no heat any vents (heat or ac)

mreperf

When I started my car (97 seville sts) this morning and went inside for a couple of minutes when I came back out it sounded like a prop plane in my heating system but there is no air coming from any vents. I can hear the something changing when I change from defrosters to bi-level or floor. When the fan comes on I can hear it and you can feel everything vibrate like when you block off moving air. I unhooked both rods under glove box an moved manually but still nothing and have good vacuum inside from engine. I don't think the fan wheel came off because of the amount of noise and vibration. Any ideas ?

I don't think the fan wheel came off because of the amount of noise and vibration. Any ideas ?

Perhaps the squirrel cage broke and is out of balance. Do you feel the vibration on the blower motor? Put you ear or a stethoscope to the blower motor and see what it sounds like.

I don't think the fan wheel came off because of the amount of noise and vibration. Any ideas ?

Perhaps the squirrel cage broke and is out of balance. Do you feel the vibration on the blower motor? Put you ear or a stethoscope to the blower motor and see what it sounds like.

Thanks for the tip. That's exactly what it was, the wheel was exploded into many pieces. When I put the new one on I used some epoxy as a backup to those little clips to retain the wheel to the motor. Thanks.

Archived