CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

03 STS Navigation Upgrade

I want to upgrade my 03 STS with the Navigation system...I have purchased a GM Nav from Denso to replace my the factory Bose system. Will the unit plug and play, where do i mount the antnna, & will any DVD disk for a Denso unit work??

Thanks

Usually to get Nav in a non-Nav Cadillac people study a similar model Cadillac that had Nav installed, and add the missing parts. Is that what you are trying to do? My understanding from reading about this mod in general is that you need the head unit with the nav system, dvd, and display and the gps antenna; the rest is basically there.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Usually to get Nav in a non-Nav Cadillac people study a similar model Cadillac that had Nav installed, and add the missing parts. Is that what you are trying to do? My understanding from reading about this mod in general is that you need the head unit with the nav system, dvd, and display and the gps antenna; the rest is basically there.

Thanks Bruce...I have purchased the head unit that will go in the vehicle. I was told by a Cadillac dealer the head unit in my STS is hard wired and I will not be able to make the switch. I have researched the unit and was informed if the car has the BOSE system it will plug and play. I am also not sure where to mount the antenna.

Thanks for you time.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Bruce...I have purchased the head unit that will go in the vehicle. I was told by a Cadillac dealer the head unit in my STS is hard wired and I will not be able to make the switch. I have researched the unit and was informed if the car has the BOSE system it will plug and play. I am also not sure where to mount the antenna.

Thanks for you time.

There is a guy on Cadillacforms.com I think his name is CadillacSTS2003 he sells a kit that includes the dongle adapter that will make the system plug into your car THIS IS NOT A PLUG AND PLAY.... IF you plug and play you will either fry the head unit the BCM or both. the PIN outs are COMPLETELY different.

Oh and even if you get the "kit" noone has been able to get the hands free voice command to work properly.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived