CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 sts tranny problem

Yeah it sounds like the A and B shift solenoids. Had the same problem in my car. You should replace both at the same time, and use the updated kit with the bracket. The kit is pretty cheap if you're a do it yourself kinda guy, but I've never done tranny stuff and I had a shop do mine. Should cost around 300-400 bucks, don't let them talk you into rebuilding the transmission.

There's instructions for pulling your codes by following the directions here: http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

I believe one of the codes is a P094, not sure if that is for A or B solenoid. The other solenoid has a separate code.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Yeah it sounds like the A and B shift solenoids. Had the same problem in my car. You should replace both at the same time, and use the updated kit with the bracket. The kit is pretty cheap if you're a do it yourself kinda guy, but I've never done tranny stuff and I had a shop do mine. Should cost around 300-400 bucks, don't let them talk you into rebuilding the transmission.

There's instructions for pulling your codes by following the directions here: http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

I believe one of the codes is a P094, not sure if that is for A or B solenoid. The other solenoid has a separate code.

tx i'll have to check the codes about how much are the sensors and how easy are they to change

I've never done it, but people on here have said it's easy enough but messy. If you decide to do it yourself I can link you to some instructions for it. Let us know what kind of codes you have.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

I've never done it, but people on here have said it's easy enough but messy. If you decide to do it yourself I can link you to some instructions for it. Let us know what kind of codes you have.

ive got p094 code i would like to do it myself

I found some information on the forum here that the shift solenoids kit can be bought for around $75 bucks.

Here is a link for information with step by step directions:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry70198

You will want to replace both the A and B shift solenoids. It might be a good time to change your transmission filters and fluid as well.

If you have questions or need assistance I will try to help out, and I'm sure someone that has done this can chime in as well.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
I found some information on the forum here that the shift solenoids kit can be bought for around $75 bucks.

Here is a link for information with step by step directions:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry70198

You will want to replace both the A and B shift solenoids. It might be a good time to change your transmission filters and fluid as well.

If you have questions or need assistance I will try to help out, and I'm sure someone that has done this can chime in as well.

i replaced the solenoids still not shifting now stuck in first gear and wont shift at all

i replaced the solenoids still not shifting now stuck in first gear and wont shift at all

Are you getting any codes? I've never done any transmission work, but post your codes if any and someone should be able to help you out.

Cheers!

Are you getting any codes? I've never done any transmission work, but post your codes if any and someone should be able to help you out.

no codes i cleared them all the only 1s i have are s011 s016 s044 so55 s062

anyone have any ideas for this guy? He did his shift solenoids and he car's not shifting now.

Cheers!

Have you tried clearing your codes or disconnecting your battery to clear the codes?

If that doesn't help, I'd try posting in the main discussion forum here, more people read that one.

Cheers!

Have you tried clearing your codes or disconnecting your battery to clear the codes?

If that doesn't help, I'd try posting in the main discussion forum here, more people read that one.

yes i did both and nothing

yes i did both and nothing

i figured it out the bracket holds the filter in between the siloinds i had 2 take it all back apart and put the bracket on called cadillac and they couldnt tell me where the bracket went but i figured it out thanks for all the help it shifts fine now thanks again

Archived