CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Air filters; changing

I just bought a 2006 DTS this summer and am very pleased. I just took the car in this morning for oil and a recall and they have called back to suggest replacing the engine air filter and cabin air filter. I have replaced many engine air filters so I would think I will be fine there. I have never done a cabin air filter. Is this doable by the average joe? I haved looked on this site a bit and other sites and it seems that it may be a challenge.

Anyway, the cost estimate for the engine was $59 and the cabin air was $89 so that seemed very steep. Any thoughts would be great.

Richard

The cabin air filters are a royal PITA on the Sevilles. The Devilles on the other hand could not be easier. There is an access panel on the HVAC housing at the base of the windshield on the passengers side. Just press the tabs and lift the cover. You can get filters for a decent price at http://www.rockauto.com.

Before I change the cabin filter, I clean the top area...easier "There" then down in the filter area. I wipe the insides of the filter house clean. A blast of Lysol on a paper towel for the final wipe...

rek

Archived