CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Interior lights will not go out! kiliing my batt!!

faris_jason

Yesterday i noticed all of my interior lights remaing on. I need help because it keeps draining my battery. I am hoping you can lead me in the right direction. I am hoping its a relay and not a short in the wiring somewhere. I have no codes cause my battery died and everything flagged on the DIC. ALso can you tell me what fuse or CB I can so I dont have to keep removing the battery connectors to keep my batt from dying!?

There is a glitch in your retained accessory power (RAP) system. There is a RAP relay in the rear underseat fuse/relay box and you could try substituting a similar relay as a test.

Otherwise, there are several modules involved and targeted diagnosis will require a Tech II (dealer tool).

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks I will check it out. I found the fuse so at least it wont kill my batt. Ill swap some relays around and see what happens. I swear this car is a lemon and there is always something breaking! I love this Caddy but darn! And nothing is ever cheap to fix! I bet it will be a module and that will cost me an arm and a leg to fix. Are the dealers the only one who have the Tech II tool?

Retained Accessory Power.

If the interior lights are remaining on, here are some simple things to check:

• Headlight switch dimmer rotated clockwise to full bright, then over the detent. Yes, we have seen that...
  • Bad or loose door switch or wiring.
  • Interior lights turned on at one or more map light switches. Do you have small children? They do that.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived