CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I am looking to replace my stock 1991 Sedan Deville AM/FM/Cassette radio with a new head unit that has iPod integration and Bluetooth. Has anyone done this? Can anyone recommend a unit? I am strongly considering the Pioneer DEH-P7000BT. THanks very much

Jeff

• 3 months later...

I am looking to replace my stock 1991 Sedan Deville AM/FM/Cassette radio with a new head unit that has iPod integration and Bluetooth. Has anyone done this? Can anyone recommend a unit? I am strongly considering the Pioneer DEH-P7000BT. THanks very much

Jeff

Hey Jeff, my name is justin, i also am looking for the ability to get my ipod and bluetooth to work also... the problem that i seem to be running into though is with my 04 cts, i want to put in the navigation system and dont know if i can aux, hook up the ipod or attach a bluetooth unit to it... if there is anyone out there that has done it or has any ideas, please help us out... i run into the problem of loosing my diagnostics, and info if go aftermarket so.... thanks a ton...

justin

I have a 97 deville and I have had aftermarket stereos in it. I had a pioneer 6000 which is basically the same as the 7000 only the 7000 has bluetooth and doesnt have a motorized face plate. Ipod hook up is nothing to worry about it is very simple to hook up it just plugs straight in to your Ipod. Now bluetooth I have never had, because I have not had a need for it. It seems to me though that would be very simple. If you do put an aftermarket cd player try and stay away from pioneer if you are goin to run an aftermarked amp. I have panasonic in my car now and will never own anything else. But a pioneer is good don't get me wrong, but not if you are going to run an aftermarket amp. The wiring harness for your vehicle is kind of pricey, but I can help you save a whole lot of money. The wiring harness comes with a chime box, which is when you open your doors your door chimes. If you do not care if you have that or not let me know and I will tell you what harness to buy and you will have to run 2 extra wires from under your steering wheel column. The harness I used was like 10 bucks compared to like 175 bucks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of in the same boat as the rest of you - except I want to keep my factory head unit. I like the looks of it.

Has anyone tried the IPAC-OEM module? Apparently, if you have the 12 disc trunk changer, the IPAC-OEM plugs into the harness instead of the 12 disc, and you can control and Ipod with the factory head unit and steering wheel controls.

I don't want to sink a load of cash into it without some good advice or someone who has experience with the unit.

Installer.com

Resistance is futile.

quake_tux.gif

• 2 years later...

I have a 97 deville and I have had aftermarket stereos in it. I had a pioneer 6000 which is basically the same as the 7000 only the 7000 has bluetooth and doesnt have a motorized face plate.ipad 2 caseIpod hook up is nothing to worry about it is very simple to hook up it just plugs straight in to your Ipod. Now bluetooth I have never had, because I have not had a need for it.leather ipad 2 casesIt seems to me though that would be very simple. If you do put an aftermarket cd player try and stay away from pioneer if you are goin to run an aftermarked amp. I have panasonic in my car now and will never own anything else. But a pioneer is good don't get me wrong, but not if you are going to run an aftermarket amp.iPad2 caseThe wiring harness for your vehicle is kind of pricey, but I can help you save a whole lot of money. The wiring harness comes with a chime box, which is when you open your doors your door chimes. If you do not care if you have that or not let me know and I will tell you what harness to buy and you will have to run 2 extra wires from under your steering wheel column. The harness I used was like 10 bucks compared to like 175 bucks

Deville AM/FM/Cassette radio with a new head unit that has iPod integration and Bluetooth. Has anyone done this? Can anyone recommend a unit? I am strongly considering the Pioneer DEH-P7000BT. THanks very much

Archived