CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2003 Seville Questions

I have two issues with my car. Most recently the Service Stability System light has come on. It has come on about 4 times in the past couple months, with the last three times in about the past week. What does the stability system do?What causes this to come on? I know I am going to have to make an appointment, I'm just wondering how pricey it will be!

I haven't noticed this next problem in awhile, but I also haven't been by my car soon after it was turned off either. You get someplace, turn off the car and leave. Next thing you know you can hear the blower fan going inside the car. It is just like you had the fan on high, that is how it is blowing. There appears to be no real reason as to why it is doing this. Any ideas? Could it just be that it has a bad fan, and it needs to be replaced. It is hard to "catch it" doing it, and people just normally think you are crazy until they finally hear it for themselves (or feel it if you get into the car).

The blower running AFTER you shut off the car is known as AFTERBLOW.

When it comes on is dependent on several factors..including but not limited to.. outside temp, if you had been using the AC or not.. etc..etc.

The purpose of it is to keep the inside of the AC unit and vents DRY and free of condensation and residual moisture, therefore preventing mildew and bad smells.

It can be turned on and off with a TECH ll.

Posted Image

I have two issues with my car. Most recently the Service Stability System light has come on. It has come on about 4 times in the past couple months, with the last three times in about the past week.

Before you run to the dealer for this message, display your touble codes and post them here for us. Pay attention to "C" codes. Here's how

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The blower running AFTER you shut off the car is known as AFTERBLOW.

When it comes on is dependent on several factors..including but not limited to.. outside temp, if you had been using the AC or not.. etc..etc.

The purpose of it is to keep the inside of the AC unit and vents DRY and free of condensation and residual moisture, therefore preventing mildew and bad smells.

It can be turned on and off with a TECH ll.

Thank you! As long as I know there is a purpose for it, I won't worry about it! Thank you again.

• 2 weeks later...
I have two issues with my car. Most recently the Service Stability System light has come on. It has come on about 4 times in the past couple months, with the last three times in about the past week.

Before you run to the dealer for this message, display your touble codes and post them here for us. Pay attention to "C" codes. Here's how

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Sorry for the delay. I have been out of town away from the car!

I ran the codes and here is what I found: (I've had the car for one year, so not sure how recent these codes are):

ABS C1287

RIM B1328

TTM U1016

VTD B3055

Your SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM message is/was related to code C1287.

Try clearing the code and see if you can live with an occasional nuisance message.

Otherwise, you will be replacing your steering wheel position sensor. Pricey!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived