CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacing PRND321 indicator?

glockbwb

I need to replace the PRND321 indicator in the 95 Deville I just got it keeps comming up fault every other time I go to drive and sometimes while I'm driven. The question is I found one at a junkyard I can get real cheap and am wondering is this something I can just unbolt and replace with a new one or do I have to adjust it or something when putting it in? I ordered a repair book but it still hasn't come and I'm affraid the part wont be their by the time I get the book or that I might not beable to start the car someday. I've read on a few post that it can be adjusted and that it also might require a speacial tool to replace it? I'm not sure if it's something I can adjust or if I need to replace it when I first got the car it wouldnt even register it had a first gear and was kind of hard to shift I played with it for awhile working it back and forth using the colum shift and it seems to have loosend up alot and registers theirs a first gear now but sets the indicator fault almost everytime I go to park.

thanks

The indicator is part of the digital dash assembly. It sounds like the issue may be a misadjusted PRNDL switch on top of the transmission. There is a special tool that is needed to get the adjustment correct.

Are there any codes stored in diagnostics?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The indicator is part of the digital dash assembly. It sounds like the issue may be a misadjusted PRNDL switch on top of the transmission. There is a special tool that is needed to get the adjustment correct.

Are there any codes stored in diagnostics?

Yes I keep getting the I057 I think it is it's weird somedays it's fine other days It doesnt want to read any gear and gives me real trouble when I'm going into park I keep getting an indicator error. What is the actual name of the part if I were to call a dealer is it a PNP or is that just a part of it? I'm waiting on a Helm's manual I ordered but decided to go get a Chiltons manual so I would have to keep asking all these questions but the books worthless it just says to adjust it not exactly how to.

Thanks again

Archived