CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

is there any way to wider the....

Uffe6y

I have a problem now to explaine in english what i mean...but I have put on 17wheels that are 10 inch wide,,,is there any (here is the problem) way to wider the kaross

Are you asking if it's possible to install wider/longer axles on the car to accomodate wider tires?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I'm a bit fuzzy on what ou mean too but if you want wider tires, up to a certain point you should be able to change just the tire to a bigger size. I have 235/60 R16's on my '98 STS which I believe are a little wider than the tires put on at the factory and have had no problems whatsoever. As long as you don't go too wide to the point where your in danger of folding the sidewalls under the rim in a hard turn, you should be fine. Hope this helps. :)

im sorry about my poor english but i mean if there are any spoiler kits for the fender just around the wheels to make the tires to hide,,,now there are sticking out a little bit and its not allowed in sweden

I don't know about any fender flares, but those are pretty neat looking wheels and tires. Nice looking car!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived