CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

GM CEO Rick Wagoner's cars

What kind of car does Rick Wagoner drive?

Wagoner lives for a Corvette day

September 20, 2008 12:00 PM

At a speech Tuesday night to the Economic Club of Washington, General Motors Corp. chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner disclosed what's in his personal garage.

"We have three sons so we have about 9 million cars in various states of repair," Wagoner joked. "The one car we don't have is a Corvette ZR1, which all three of my sons want me to get and I'm waiting until they are all out of the house for good -- that's for myself."

The ZR1 is a $103,000 vehicle with 638 horsepower -- numbers certain to scare any parent, even GM's CEO.

Wagoner said almost every weekend he takes home a different vehicle -- often a competitor's. "I'd be glad to give you a review of the some of the Fords and Chryslers and Toyotas. ... What I try to do is be exposed to all sorts of different cars."

Then Wagoner answered the question: What does he own personally? "I just bought a Pontiac Solstice, had a little extra turbocharger put on the engine -- don't tell my sons that."

Contributors: Nathan Hurst, David Shepardson, Christine Tierney and Manny Lopez.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived