CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Removing emblems

K2K

I remember scanning over a post that I wasn't really interested at the time, but what does everyone recommend for removing emblems on the car to update them with newer ones? I remember something about floss..

I'm trying to get off the "32V Nortstar" thing with the new emblem on the back of my Eldo.

Thanks

I think some one said floss or fishing line would cut the double sided tape used to afix it. Then some "goo be gone" or lighter fluid or something like that to remove the glue residue.

I tried detal floss and fishing line 10 lb or some lb. test or something close works best just slide it under the emblem and cut away it works great. Floss works but breaks very easy the fishing line you can force it a little more to get it off faster..Then I just used my thumb to get most of the double stick tape off then used some mineral spirits to clean off the residue from the glue After that I hand rubbed the area with some fine cut rubbing compound then mineral spriits to clean any wax or glue wiped it all up and stuck the new Nortstar logo on. All in all less than a 1/2 hour job tops.. Take a piece of masking tape and play around with it to use as a template or guide to get it alligned up straight just put the tape below where you are going to put the logo then back away a few feew to make sure it looks straight you may have to adj. one side or the other up or down then once it looks straight just use that as you guide to set the logo on straight I just alligned it to the top of the tape and it came out straight..It would have bugged me if it came out crooked. Also a hair dryer will soften up the old double stick tape so you can rub most of it off with your thumb..

Good Luck

Jim

Archived