CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Heated Seats

JIMDTS

I was talking to some friends who had the seat heater elements replaced and they both mentioned that the seats do not heat up as hot as the originals..I was looking at the repair TSB and I can see that it is a shakey fix at best.It appears the repair process is only as good as the person who is doing the job. Has anyone had the heater elements replaced and happy with the results.Mine used to get pretty warm on high I,m curious due to I,m waiting on the parts to come in as this is the fix the dealer is going to do on mine 01 Deville.

Thanks

Jim

Hi

Did the dealer replace just the heater elements or the whole seat cover with the elements?? They have the parts on order for both of my front seats all the elements. I talked to a few friends and a trim shop who does these and they all told me when they do the elements the seat does not get as hot as the original elements which are sewn into the seat covers..The dealer I,m using just sends this work out to a trim shop down the road..I talked to the trim shop and they tell me that they just install the new elements under the original heaters between the foam pading so they won't get as hot as the originals..

Thanks

Jim

Linda's 2000 dhs had a lot of problems with intermittent "heatseater" operation,both front seats. After 2-3 trips the dealer replaced both heat pads and they have been working like a hose ever since. My only regret is my 98 seville has no heated seats.......No idea what it costs, it was a warranty deal....

• 1 month later...

Update

Well back at the dealer with the heated seats.The car had both front seat heaters replaced However that fix is not that great I figured it would suck.The front lower seat portion have a few heaters the butt warmer and some for your thigh portion of your legs .The problem was the original thigh heaters were getting warmer than the main heater pads which were replaced.So any way it all worked out for the best in the end I now have new seat covers on order for both front seats..

Jim

Hi pushinthelac

That's probably all it is Not sure if all the cars had heated seat backs through the years they have changed. I know on some just had on/off for the heat some have hi/med/low some just the lower part of the seats heat up but take it to a trim shop and have them check it out they should be able to find the problem and give you an estimate to fix the seat

Cheers

Jim

Archived