CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Who Makes The Best Spark Plugs?

I tried Bosch in a Corvette and it would not idle. This subject has been covered before and the conclusion is that the AC plug is adequate and troublefree. I believe the Northstar plug is a platinum plug good for 100,000 miles, a few people have pulled them and determined that they look just fine at 100,000 miles, here is the link

http://www.acdelco.com/html/pi_plugs_prof_main.htm

Mike

I would use Delco wires and plugs they are designed for your car and what more could you ask for Heck most of the time they last to 100k..

...or to 132k. :0 Still on the original Delco wires and dual platinum AC plugs.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I replaced the original ACDelco plugs at 135k. Still have the original ACDelco wires at 160K and my car idles and runs perfectly. If I have to replace the wires, I'll buy ACDelco. I did buy aftermarket plugs (Bosch Platinum2), and I must say, so far, so good. Considering what I have learned, however, if I have to replace the plugs again, I will likely buy ACDelco. I'm going to see how far the Bosch plugs will go.

MAC

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm going to swap the plugs in my 91, and from what I read I'm going to go with Delco's. I was going to try a set of Accel or Bosch but I don't really want to waste money on something that probably will not give that much of a difference. Like the saying goes "Keep your GM...all GM." Thanks again.

Spence

If you're planning on keeping that '91 for a while, you could order a set of dual-tipped platinum plugs (ACDelco 41-902, standard on 1992-95 4.9s) and quite possibly never have to worry about changing them again.

Yea I do not plan on keeping it for that much longer. Scoping out a STS somewhere and I plan to sell it within next couple months. But I will check the prices. I will however put them in my 1990 Fleetwood when She needs them, that ones a lifer for this family! Thanks for the input; I've been reading up on the past posts about plugs, wires, and anything else I can get my greasy little eyes on :blink:

Spence

Archived